New Hampshire Repossession Laws / Recovery Requirements

Quick Answers:


Where do I refer to for Title or License Registration?

For state Title and License Information, refer to:


New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles

10 Hazen Drive

Concord, New Hampshire 03305


Telephone: (603) 271-3111


Fee for search of records is $2.00.

Security Interests:

Shown on title held by lienholder.


Recording Requirements:

Liens recorded with Division of Motor Vehicles, Title Bureau. Instrument used is title application.

Recovery Requirements:

As per the UCC, repossession is allowed and permitted as long as it is peaceful.

Redemption Requirements:

Within 10 days after repossession.

Deficiency Requirements:

Permitted if provided by security agreement and no provision barring confession of judgment notes.

Special Motor Vehicle Provisions:

No provisions.

Documents Required to Transfer Ownership of Motor Vehicle:

Title in lienholder’s name; repossession affidavit and assignment of title from lienholder to transferee or lien release on title, affidavit of repossession and notarized Bill of Sale.


Documents Required for Liquidation:

Title, Affidavit of Repossession.



Remain with the owner / debtor, and are transferable does not warrant the accuracy of these laws. The laws listed on are only a starting point for reference, and are not meant to be legal advice or a replacement for legal console. Please consult a repo company in your area, county, or state if you have any questions about repossession service there. All recovery requirements and fees are current as of 2002.

View repo laws at and repossession laws at

Repo Company Directory is the Internet's largest directory of repossession companies and recovery experts. If you need a repo man or repo company, this is the place to find one.

Find a Repo Man is here to help you get the repossession, recovery, and legal support you need, quickly and easily.