Nevada Repossession Laws / Recovery Requirements

Quick Answers:


Where do I refer to for Title or License Registration?

For state Title and License Information, refer to:


Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles

Registration Division

555 Wright Way

Carson City, Nevada 89711


Telephone: (702) 687-5370


Fee for search of records is $2.00 per inquiry by written request.

Security Interests:

Shown on title held by lienholder.


Recording Requirements:

Per the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) adopted in July, 1966: With County Recorder off Mortgagor’s residence and county where property is situated and with the Secretary of State’s Office.

Recovery Requirements:

As per the UCC, repossession is allowed and permitted as long as it is peaceful.

Redemption Requirements:

Prior to foreclosure.

Deficiency Requirements:

Allowed if contract so provides. Status of judgment note is undecided.

Special Motor Vehicle Provisions:

Liens must be noted on title.

Documents Required to Transfer Ownership of Motor Vehicle:

Title certificate in lienholder’s name; certified copy of contract; notarized Power of Attorney; notarized Bill of Sale; and notarized repossession affidavit.


Documents Required for Liquidation:

Title, Affidavit of Repossession, and Bill of Sale.



Remain with the owner / debtor, and are transferable. does not warrant the accuracy of these laws. The laws listed on are only a starting point for reference, and are not meant to be legal advice or a replacement for legal console. Please consult a repo company in your area, county, or state if you have any questions about repossession service there. All recovery requirements and fees are current as of 2002.

View repo laws at and repossession laws at

Repo Company Directory is the Internet's largest directory of repossession companies and recovery experts. If you need a repo man or repo company, this is the place to find one.

Find a Repo Man is here to help you get the repossession, recovery, and legal support you need, quickly and easily.